. . . You've flapped and fluttered
against limits long enough.
You've been a bird without wings
in a house without doors or windows.
Compassion builds a door.
Restlessness cuts a key.
Step out and fly
proudly into sunlight.
See also the previous Wild Reed post:
• Don't Go Back to Sleep
• Move Us, Loving God
• "Then I Shall Leap into Love . . ."
• Andrew Harvey on Radical, Divine Passion in Action
• Active Waiting: A Radical Attitude Toward Life
• Called to the Field of Compassion
• The Sufi Way
• Sufism: A Call to Awaken
• In the Footsteps of Spring
• Photo of the Day – May 29, 2012
Image: Michael J. Bayly.