Art cannot change events. But it can change people. It can affect people so that they are changed . . . because people are changed by art – enriched, ennobled, encouraged. They then act in a way that may effect the course of events . . . by the way they vote, they behave, the way they think.
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• The Potential of Art and the Limits of Orthodoxy to Connect Us to the Sacred
• The Art of Dancing as the Supreme Symbol of the Spiritual Life
• The Dancer and the Dance
• The Premise of All Forms of Dance
• The Church and Dance
• The Soul of a Dancer
• The Naked Truth . . . in Dance and in Life
• Desert Dancer: A Story That Matters
• Memet Bilgin and the Art of Restoring Balance
• Love is Love
Image: A still from David LaChapelle's video of Sergei Polunin dancing to "Take Me to Church" by Irish musician Hozier. For more about this artistic collaboration and to view the video, click here.