Monday, June 02, 2014

Prayer of the Week


Oh, God,
let all lovers be content;
Give them happy endings.
Let their lives be celebrations;
Let their hearts dance
in the fire of your love.

My sweetheart,
you have aroused my passion.
Your touch has filled me with desire;
I am no longer separate from you.

These are precious moments.
I beseech you,
Don't let me wait.
Let me merge with you.

Jalal al-Din Rumi
Translated by Fereydoun Kia
(from The Love Poems of Rumi)


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
"More Lovely Than the Dawn": God as Divine Lover
Rumi and Shams: A Love of Another Kind
The Holy Pleasure of Intimacy
The Inherent Sensuality of Roman Catholicism
The Many Manifestations of God's Loving Embrace
Charis
It Happens All the Time in Heaven
God is Love
Be Just in My Heart

Image: "The Lovers" by Chris Butler


No comments: