Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wishing Him Love

The latest in The Wild Reed series highlighting British pop/soul vocalist Dusty Springfield features a beautiful clip taken from the second season of Dusty's BBC television series. It was first broadcast on September 12, 1967, and features Dusty singing the Albert Beech and Charles Trenet standard, "I Wish You Love."

I dedicate this song to Doug and the beautiful and brilliant times we shared.








Goodbye, no use leading with our chins,
this is where the story ends,
never lovers, ever friends.

Goodbye, let our hearts call it a day,
but before you walk away,
I sincerely want to say . . .

I wish you bluebirds in the spring
to give your heart a song to sing.
And then a kiss,
but more than this,
I wish you love.

And in July a lemonade
to cool you in some leafy glade.
I wish you health.
and more than wealth,
I wish you love.

My aching heart and I agree
that you and I could never be.
So with my best, my very best,
I set you free.

I wish you shelter from the storm,
a cozy fire to keep you warm.
But most of all,
when snowflakes fall,
I wish you love.




No comments: